After configuring a vSphere cluster for High Availability you might see this message on the summary page of your hosts. It’s a nice reminder that your VMkernel Port carrying management traffic only has one NIC available, and is flagged by the HA health check routine, run during HA configuration.
Go in an add a second NIC to the vSwitch containing your management VMkernel port and voila problem solved. (note this is my demo environment on my laptop – keep iSCSI traffic separated in production!)
- Moving VMs from ESX to Workstation
- VMware: Repairing orphaned ESX snapshots
- NetApp port descriptions and what to do with e0M, SP and ACP
- "300 out of 500" : What is a passing score?
- Looping, incrementing batch files
- VCAP / VCIX Deploy Sample Question Guide
- vSphere5: Setting the Observed IP Range
- PSExec command-line parameters
- VCAP6-DCV Deploy Practice
- VCAP6-DCV Deploy Sample Question 1
Subscribe to Blog via Email