After configuring a vSphere cluster for High Availability you might see this message on the summary page of your hosts. It’s a nice reminder that your VMkernel Port carrying management traffic only has one NIC available, and is flagged by the HA health check routine, run during HA configuration.
Go in an add a second NIC to the vSwitch containing your management VMkernel port and voila problem solved. (note this is my demo environment on my laptop – keep iSCSI traffic separated in production!)
- Moving VMs from ESX to Workstation
- VCAP6-DCV Deploy Practice
- VMware: Repairing orphaned ESX snapshots
- "300 out of 500" : What is a passing score?
- NetApp port descriptions and what to do with e0M, SP and ACP
- Moving a vmnic from vDS to vSS at the host commandline
- Looping, incrementing batch files
- PSExec command-line parameters
- NSX distributed logical router appliance Part 1
- VCAP / VCIX Deploy Sample Question Guide
Subscribe to Blog via Email