After configuring a vSphere cluster for High Availability you might see this message on the summary page of your hosts. It’s a nice reminder that your VMkernel Port carrying management traffic only has one NIC available, and is flagged by the HA health check routine, run during HA configuration.
Go in an add a second NIC to the vSwitch containing your management VMkernel port and voila problem solved. (note this is my demo environment on my laptop – keep iSCSI traffic separated in production!)
- Moving VMs from ESX to Workstation
- "300 out of 500" : What is a passing score?
- VCAP DCV 6.5 Deploy a.k.a VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Data Center Virtualization Deploy 2018 a.k.a 3V0-21.18
- Moving a vmnic from vDS to vSS at the host commandline
- VCAP6-NV (VCIX6-NV) Sample Question 2
- vDS out of sync
- TestTrack Unplugged
- VCIX6-NV Practice Exam
- VCAP / VCIX Deploy Sample Question Guide
- VMware: Repairing orphaned ESX snapshots
Subscribe to Blog via Email