After configuring a vSphere cluster for High Availability you might see this message on the summary page of your hosts. It’s a nice reminder that your VMkernel Port carrying management traffic only has one NIC available, and is flagged by the HA health check routine, run during HA configuration.
Go in an add a second NIC to the vSwitch containing your management VMkernel port and voila problem solved. (note this is my demo environment on my laptop – keep iSCSI traffic separated in production!)
- Moving VMs from ESX to Workstation
- "300 out of 500" : What is a passing score?
- Moving a vmnic from vDS to vSS at the host commandline
- VCAP6-DCV Deploy Practice
- VMware: Repairing orphaned ESX snapshots
- VCAP DCV 6.5 Deploy a.k.a VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Data Center Virtualization Deploy 2018 a.k.a 3V0-21.18
- vDS out of sync
- PSExec command-line parameters
- vSphere5: Setting the Observed IP Range
- vSphere 6.x Observed IP range
Subscribe to Blog via Email