- "300 out of 500" : What is a passing score?
- NetApp port descriptions and what to do with e0M, SP and ACP
- Moving VMs from ESX to Workstation
- Moving a vmnic from vDS to vSS at the host commandline
- vSphere5: Setting the Observed IP Range
- vDS out of sync
- VMware: Repairing orphaned ESX snapshots
- PSExec command-line parameters
- VCAP6-DCV Deploy Practice
- My snapshots are where?
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tag Archives: migrate
Three years ago a client purchased a FAS2020, with 12 SAS disks in the head and a Fibre Channel shelf of ATA disks. After a year (or so) they added a second FC shelf The FAS2020 was a big success … Continue reading
Updated post for Workstation 12.5 (copy using Workstation) There are a few ways to migrate VMs around between VMware products including using vCenter Converter, 3rd party tools, and O/S tools (backup/restore) but one of the easiest ways is via the … Continue reading
If you don’t have vSphere installed, or don’t have Storage vMotion and want to move vCenter itself there are several ways, the “vmkfstools” from the commandline, V2V with VMware Converter or another P2V tool, or by using the vSphere client’s … Continue reading