After configuring a vSphere cluster for High Availability you might see this message on the summary page of your hosts. It’s a nice reminder that your VMkernel Port carrying management traffic only has one NIC available, and is flagged by the HA health check routine, run during HA configuration.
Go in an add a second NIC to the vSwitch containing your management VMkernel port and voila problem solved. (note this is my demo environment on my laptop – keep iSCSI traffic separated in production!)
- Moving VMs from ESX to Workstation
- VCAP DCV 6.5 Deploy a.k.a VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Data Center Virtualization Deploy 2018 a.k.a 3V0-21.18
- "300 out of 500" : What is a passing score?
- VCAP6-DCV Deploy Practice
- VCAP / VCIX Deploy Sample Question Guide
- VCIX6-NV Practice Exam
- VMware: Repairing orphaned ESX snapshots
- NSX, BGP, ECMP quick hits
- Moving a vmnic from vDS to vSS at the host commandline
- PSExec command-line parameters
Subscribe to Blog via Email