After configuring a vSphere cluster for High Availability you might see this message on the summary page of your hosts. It’s a nice reminder that your VMkernel Port carrying management traffic only has one NIC available, and is flagged by the HA health check routine, run during HA configuration.
Go in an add a second NIC to the vSwitch containing your management VMkernel port and voila problem solved. (note this is my demo environment on my laptop – keep iSCSI traffic separated in production!)
- Moving VMs from ESX to Workstation
- PSExec command-line parameters
- VMware: Repairing orphaned ESX snapshots
- Moving a vmnic from vDS to vSS at the host commandline
- "300 out of 500" : What is a passing score?
- vSphere 6.x Observed IP range
- VCAP DCV 6.5 Deploy a.k.a VMware Certified Advanced Professional — Data Center Virtualization Deploy 2018 a.k.a 3V0-21.18
- NSX, BGP, ECMP quick hits
- vDS out of sync
- vSphere 6.5 iSCSI port binding
Subscribe to Blog via Email