After configuring a vSphere cluster for High Availability you might see this message on the summary page of your hosts. It’s a nice reminder that your VMkernel Port carrying management traffic only has one NIC available, and is flagged by the HA health check routine, run during HA configuration.
Go in an add a second NIC to the vSwitch containing your management VMkernel port and voila problem solved. (note this is my demo environment on my laptop – keep iSCSI traffic separated in production!)
- PSExec command-line parameters
- Moving VMs from ESX to Workstation
- "300 out of 500" : What is a passing score?
- NetApp port descriptions and what to do with e0M, SP and ACP
- Looping, incrementing batch files
- VCAP6-DCV Deploy Practice
- VCAP6-DCV Deploy Sample Question 10
- Get your VMware certification URL and PDFs
- NSX 6.4 DLR HA changes
- vSphere iSCSI software initiator queue depth
Subscribe to Blog via Email