- Moving VMs from ESX to Workstation
- Moving a vmnic from vDS to vSS at the host commandline
- "300 out of 500" : What is a passing score?
- vCloud Director and guest customization
- NetApp port descriptions and what to do with e0M, SP and ACP
- PSExec command-line parameters
- VCAP6-DCV Deploy Practice
- Find orphaned.vmx files (VMware Powershell)
- VCAP6-DCV Deploy Sample Question 2
- vCenter Storage Status "unknown"
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tag Archives: configuration
vSphere by default stores vswap files (the files used when your host runs out of physical memory to allocate) with the local machines. However, you can choose (on a per VM or per-host basis) to direct all swap files to … Continue reading
In my last post I referenced ESXi Lockdown mode and how it affects access to ESXi servers. But how do you get access to ESXi without using root? How do you add users to the local host and give those … Continue reading
Lockdown is a new feature for VMware ESXi 4.x. It adds security by restricting access to your ESXi hosts to either the root user on the local console or from a vCenter management server. With Lockdown enabled, the vSphere client … Continue reading
Must read update for Equallogic multipath vSphere5 multi-path walkthrough Update: tag all Round Robin LUNs in one script Earlier I posted an entry about manually creating what you need for iSCSI multipath on vSphere 4.1 with an Equallogic storage array. … Continue reading