- Moving VMs from ESX to Workstation
- NetApp port descriptions and what to do with e0M, SP and ACP
- PSExec command-line parameters
- Moving a vmnic from vDS to vSS at the host commandline
- vCenter Storage Status "unknown"
- "300 out of 500" : What is a passing score?
- vSphere5: Setting the Observed IP Range
- Leveraging the vSphere API cookbook in PowerCLI
- VMware badges - 2017 edition (vROps / vSAN)
- VMware: Repairing orphaned ESX snapshots
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tag Archives: vmdk
I got curious about block sizes and how thin provisioned .vmdks and snapshot .vmdks grow, especially now that VMFS5 uses a 1MB “unified” block size. I came up with the following table: VMDK File growth patterns VMFS3 ESXi 4.1………Thin Provision…..Snapshots … Continue reading
vSphere 5 is almost upon us and I’ll try to start throwing out nuggets (now that I’ve learned the Beta NDA is over). One of my favorite tidbits is the new way to create hard drives (VMDKs) for virtual machines. … Continue reading