- Moving VMs from ESX to Workstation
- vCloud Director and guest customization
- Find orphaned.vmx files (VMware Powershell)
- vCenter Orchestrator appliance 5.5 : error 500 a.k.a re-licensing vCO
- BGinfo for RDP sessions
- vCenter Storage Status "unknown"
- My snapshots are where?
- vSphere 6.x Observed IP range
- VCIX6-NV Practice Exam
- Virtual Machines 3 (TestTrack Unplugged)
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Tag Archives: vcd
I found myself in need of changing a network setting on a bunch of vCD vApps. The setting in question (“Retain IP/MAC Resources” in the GUI, “RetainNetInfoAcrossDeployments” from the API) causes the vApp to retain it’s assigned IP (apparently by retaining … Continue reading
Adding a cell to an existing deployment requires accessing the same database (and using the responses.properties file from the initial install) but if you decide to make the second cell stand-alone or made a mistake during deployment or just want … Continue reading
Guest customization (specifically Windows 2003) is done a little differently in vCloud Director. While you still create a properly-named directory tree containing the sysprep files, you then run a script that combines all of the Windows sysprep files into one … Continue reading